Our site has a very smart search to help you locate the AMI product(s) for your specific application(s). To get started, simply enter as many or as few criteria as you have. The search will help you narrow down your options by presenting additional, appropriate criteria.
AMI Fabrics for Welding Protection Applications
AMI makes six different types of high temperature fabrics for welding safety use, ranging in temperature resistance from 225°F (107°C) to 3000°F (1650°C). They are designed for a wide range of applications and levels of heat exposure, and are available with a variety of fibers and coatings.
- AMI-GLAS® – 100% fiberglass
- AMI-TUF® – Silicone-coated AMI-GLAS®
- VEXTRA® – Vermiculite-coated AMI-GLAS®
- CARBO-GLAS® – Carbon-fiberglass composite
- GOLDENGLAS® – Neoprene-coated AMI-GLAS®
- AMI-SIL® – Essentially pure amorphous silica
FM Approved Fabrics
All AMI FM Approved fabrics are labeled with the proper rating prominently displayed. The FM Approvals mark is your assurance that a fabric conforms to the highest internationally accepted standards for quality, safety, and performance. For a listing of FM Approved fabrics for welding protection, click here.
- For a brief video presentation on the FM Approved requirements to meet NFPA 51B click here.
- For more information on FM Approvals and what they mean in terms of quality, safety and performance as blankets, pads and curtains click here.
- For more information about the application rating key (good, better, best) click here.
AMI has a number of finish treatments available. Click here for more information about these coatings.
In addition to fabric type classifications, all AMI Products are also coded by series type. See an individual fabric type or click here for more information on series classifications.
Fabrics used for applications other than welding protection include: