Tough coated fiberglass stands up to industrial punishment.
AMI-TUF® coated fiberglass cloth is the ideal solution for the outer layer of removable insulation pads on pipes, valves and joints (see AMI-FAB® System for details). Use AMI-TUF tape as pipe wrap in harsh industrial environments. AMI-TUF can also be fabricated into light, medium or heavy duty AMI-GUARD welding blankets; the silicone rubber coating provides a non-slip surface when used as a floor covering in high traffic areas.
- Silicone rubber coated fabrics provide superior water, oil and heat resistance
- PTFE (Teflon®) coated cloth provides effective chemical resistance
- Continuous protection to 500°F (limit of Silicone), 550°F (limit of PTFE)
- High abrasion resistance
- Strong and durable
- Available in 10 colors to match equipment, simplify identification (hot pipes, cold pipes, etc.), or blend with any industrial environment
- Packaging Guidelines for SGL Materials
Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
To the best of our knowledge, the information contained herein is accurate. The information provided is based upon data furnished by our suppliers.
However, neither Auburn Manufacturing, Inc. nor any of its subsidiaries assumes any liability whatsoever for the accuracy or completeness of the information contained herein.
While believed to be reliable, the information or products are intended for use by skilled persons at their own risk. Final determination of suitability of any material is the sole responsibility of the user.
All materials may present unknown hazards and should be used with caution. Although certain hazards are described herein, we cannot guarantee that these are the only hazards which exist.
- AMI-TUF coated with silicone elastomer/Woven fiberglass coated with silicone elastomer, in various forms – rolls, blankets, etc
- Product numbers: SGL1400, SGL1700, SGL3200
- Fibre de verre à filament continu recouvert de polymère de polysiloxane composé/fibres de verre, verre fibreux, recouvert de caoutchouc de silicone.
- AMI-TUF coated with silicone elastomer/Woven fiberglass coated with silicone elastomer, in various forms – rolls, blankets, etc.
- Product numbers: SGLP3100, SGLP1700
- PTFE (Teflon®) coated fabric for insulation jackets. Purchased product
- Product Numbers: TGL140, TGL165, TGL180
- AMI-TUF®-Woven para-aramid/meta-aramid/fiber glass coated with silicone elastomer in various forms – cloth, tapes, blankets, etc.