The rugged choice for tough applications.
AMI-FLEX® is a 100% aramid safety fabric provides comfortable and lightweight industrial protection. Available with aluminized polyester film that’s laminated on to fabric for use where radiant heat is encountered, such as foundries, heat-treating, and many OEM applications.
Used for Safety Clothing, Expansion Joints, Hose Covering, Conveyor Belting, Cable Insulation, Pipe Wrap, Wicking, Heat Containment and more.
- Continuous protection to 600° F (320° C)
- Advanced composite made of aramid fiber with fiberglass support
- High abrasion resistance
- Strength retention
- Non irritating
- Lightweight and flexible
- Strong and durable
- Doesn’t shrink from flame
Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
To the best of our knowledge, the information contained herein is accurate. The information provided is based upon data furnished by our suppliers.However, neither Auburn Manufacturing, Inc. nor any of its subsidiaries assumes any liability whatsoever for the accuracy or completeness of the information contained herein.While believed to be reliable, the information or products are intended for use by skilled persons at their own risk. Final determination of suitability of any material is the sole responsibility of the user.All materials may present unknown hazards and should be used with caution. Although certain hazards are described herein, we cannot guarantee that these are the only hazards which exist.
- All uncoated FL products made up of para-aramid, meta-aramid and glass in any proportion since the percentages are listed as “proprietary”. 11-98 revision added yarn (FLY)
- Product Numbers: FLR188, FLR125, FLR125, FLR188, FLR250, FLR375, FLR500, FL3300, FLHB2200, FL04, FL08, FL16, FLT2250, FLT2500, FLT875, FL3300, FL1200, FL1700, FL2200
- All FL and FLHB Series with DRX coating on one side. We will continue to carry this SDS until RR-1 products are 100% approved.
- FL laminated to a metalized polyester (Mylar) film
- Product Numbers: AFL1200, AFL2200, AFL1700
- AMI-FLEX®-Woven para-aramid/meta-aramid/fiber glass in Tape, Rope and Tubing forms.
- Product Numbers: FLT1000, FLT1250, FLT1375, FLT1500, FLT1750, FLT2000, FLT375, FLT500, FLT625, FLT750
- AMI-FLEX® woven para-aramid, meta-aramid, fiberglass tadpole tape with stainless steel mesh core
- AMI-FLEX® materials, either 50/50 or 70/30 with acrylic PSA on one side
- AMI-FLEX® roll goods or tapes pigmented or dyed red, orange, blue, black or green
- All RR coated FL and FLHB series products made up of para-aramid, meta-aramid and glass in any proportion since the percentages are listed as “proprietary”. Tadpole tape made with FL/RR and a glass core would be covered under this SDS.
- AMI-FLEX®-Woven para-aramid/PBI/fiber glass in various forms -cloth, tapes, rope, blankets, tadpole, tubing, yarn, etc.
- Product Identification FLPBI, FLPBIHB, FLPBIY and FLPBIR series.
- Product Numbers: FLPBI2200