AMI-TUF® (SGL) Tape
AMI-TUF® heat resistant tapes and ropes are made from a fiberglass base fabric that has been coated with AMI’s specially formulated silicone rubber compound. The silicone coating provides a greater resistance to abrasion, puncture and tear. AMI-TUF (SGL) also repels water, grease, dirt and oil and ideal for the fabrication and installation of removable insulation pads and covers that will be used in industrial environments.Download SDS
- Product Specs
- Product Line Information
- Data Sheets
Tough coated fiberglass stands up to industrial punishment.
AMI-TUF® coated fiberglass cloth is the ideal solution for the outer layer of removable insulation pads on pipes, valves and joints (see AMI-FAB® System for details). Use AMI-TUF tape as pipe wrap in harsh industrial environments. AMI-TUF can also be fabricated into light, medium or heavy duty AMI-GUARD welding blankets; the silicone rubber coating provides a non-slip surface when used as a floor covering in high traffic areas.
- Silicone rubber coated fabrics provide superior water, oil and heat resistance
- PTFE (Teflon®) coated cloth provides effective chemical resistance
- Continuous protection to 500°F (limit of Silicone), 550°F (limit of PTFE)
- High abrasion resistance
- Strong and durable
- Available in 10 colors to match equipment, simplify identification (hot pipes, cold pipes, etc.), or blend with any industrial environment
- Packaging Guidelines for SGL Materials