AMI-SIL® (SAS) Cloth
AMI-SIL® (SAS) is made from 96% silica (minimum) cloth with a cured silicone rubber on one side. The herringbone weave hot work textile is rated to 1800°F (980°C) and has been tested and FM Approved as a welding blanket. FM approved hot work fabrics are now required by NFPA 51B.Download SDS
- Product Specs
- Product Line Information
- Data Sheets
|Product Type||Product Number||Unit of Measure||Fabric Type||Cont. Op. Temp.||FM Approved||Weight (oz. per sq. yd)||Performance Category||Series||Thickness (inches)||Available Widths (inches)||Application Environment||Application Rating Key||Notes||Data Sheets|
|SAS2400-1 29 oz||SAS2400-1|
Indoor, Horizontal, Vertical, Outdoor
Silicone-coated AMI-SIL (500°F/260°C) temperature resistance reflects limitation of silicone coating.
The ultimate in ceramic-free high temperature protection!
Used for Welding/Cutting Protection, Molten Metal Splash Protection, Heat and Flame Shielding, Stress Relief, Insulation, Hose and Cable Protection, Emergency Fire Blankets, Tadpole Tapes, Oven Door Seals, Gasketing and more. AMI-SIL® is made of 96% silica, and does not contain asbestos or ceramic.
- Continuous protection to 1800°F (980°C)
- Melting point in excess of 3000°F (1650°C)
- Minimum 96% amorphous silica content
- Safe substitute for ceramic in refractory applications
- Optimal choice for welding protection
- Meets military specification MIL-C-24576
- Flexible and chemical resistant
- Low thermal conductivity
- Low halogens and soluble chlorides
- Aluminization process consists of an aluminized polyester film, which is added for reflective capabilities only
- Available in natural
|Product Number||Data Sheets|