AMI-SIL® (CAS) Abrasion Resistant Cloth
AMI-SIL® (CAS) is our commercial grade heat-resistant fabric made from a minimum 96% pure amorphous silica cloth and are rated to 1800°F (980°C) for the ultimate in high temperature protection. Abrasion resistant coating adds durability.
We do not stock samples of this product at this time.Download SDS
- Product Specs
- Product Line Information
- Data Sheets
|Product Type||Product Number||Series||Fabric Type||Cont. Op. Temp.||Available Options||Available Widths (inches)||Weight (oz. per sq. yd)||Thickness (inches)||Unit of Measure||Data Sheets|
|Abrasion Resistant Cloth 17.0 oz||CAS1700AR|
17, 40, 12.5
|Abrasion Resistant Cloth 40.0 oz||CAS4000AR|
17, 40, 12.5
The ultimate in ceramic-free high temperature protection!
Used for Welding/Cutting Protection, Molten Metal Splash Protection, Heat and Flame Shielding, Stress Relief, Insulation, Hose and Cable Protection, Emergency Fire Blankets, Tadpole Tapes, Oven Door Seals, Gasketing and more. AMI-SIL® is made of 96% silica, and does not contain asbestos or ceramic.
- Continuous protection to 1800°F (980°C)
- Melting point in excess of 3000°F (1650°C)
- Minimum 96% amorphous silica content
- Safe substitute for ceramic in refractory applications
- Optimal choice for welding protection
- Meets military specification MIL-C-24576
- Flexible and chemical resistant
- Low thermal conductivity
- Low halogens and soluble chlorides
- Aluminization process consists of an aluminized polyester film, which is added for reflective capabilities only
- Available in natural