AMI-GLAS® (GLR) Drawstring
AMI-GLAS® (GLR) drawstrings or ropes are made from 100% fiberglass and used for industrial fastening and support in the fabrication and subsequent installation of removable insulation pads and covers. They are a knitted construction and available in many diameters and densities to meet most any high heat application. Their maximum temperature resistance is 100°F (538°C).
We do not stock samples of this product at this time.Download SDS
- Product Specs
- Product Line Information
- Data Sheets
|Product Type||Product Number||Unit of Measure||Cont. Op. Temp.||Fabric Type||Ft/Case||Approximate Yield||Nominal Diameter (inches)||Data Sheets|
The workhorse of industrial textiles.
Used for Welding Protection, Insulation, Gasketing, Expansion Joints, Heat Shields and Containment, Oven Door Seals, Emergency Fire Blanket, Tadpole Tape and Machinery, Personnel Protection, Safety Clothing and more. AMI-GLAS® is made of 100% fiberglass, and does not contain asbestos or ceramic.
- Made with 100% continuous filament fiberglass
- Upper temperature limit of 1000° F (540° C)
- Continuous protection up to 1000° F (540° C)
- Excellent insulation value (K=.419)
- Tough, flexible and versatile
- Meets USCG 164.009 for incombustibility
- Non-hazardous to workers
- Meets military specifications for shipbuilding and repair
- Can be dyed, coated and/or aluminized
- Available with pressure-sensitive adhesive
- Can be slit or sewn to order, and specially packaged
- Available in seven colors