VEXTRA® (GLWV) CLOTH
VEXTRA® (GLWV) heat resistant cloth is made with stainless steel wire plied with fiberglass yarns and coated with vermiculite. It is used for furnace curtains,pipe wrapping/lagging, expansion joints, heat shield/containment, machinery protection, removable insulation flange and valve covers, exhaust manifold wrap and more.
We do not stock samples of this product at this time.Download SDS
- Product Specs
- Product Line Information
- Data Sheets
|Product Type||Product Number||Fabric Type||Series||Available Widths (inches)||Cont. Op. Temp.||Color||Thickness (inches)||Weight (oz. per sq. yd)||Data Sheets|
|GLWV 24oz TP||GLWV2401 TP|
Combat heat with superior vermiculite armor.
Used for Welding Protection, Furnace Curtains, Pipe Wrapping/Lagging, Expansion Joints, Heat Shield/Containment, Machinery Protection, Removable Flange/Valve Covers, Stress Relief, Exhaust Manifold Wrap and more.
- Remains stable to 1500°F (815°C) (Upper Temperature Limit)
- Continuous operating temperature 1000°F (540°C)
- Non-combustible vermiculite-coated fiberglass
- 50% More protection than fiberglass
- Improved abrasion resistance
- Coating acts as armor to the fiberglass, providing better resistance to direct flame
- Heat travels across the fabric—not through it
- Available in three colors – blue, black and bronze
VEXTRA® Textiles are 100% fiberglass coated with a golden vermiculite solution made of plate-like mineral crystals. This non-combustible coating acts like armor when heat strikes the fabric, causing the heat to travel across the fabric rather than through it, shielding the fiberglass from the heat source.