VEXTRA® (SGLV) Cloth
VEXTRA® (SGLV) is a heavy duty, heavy weight fiberglass treated with vermiculite and coated on one side with a silicone rubber compound. It is ideal for both indoor and outdoor hot work applications. The vermiculite coating is inorganic, chemically inert, noncombustible and odorless. AMI’s VEXTRA product is rated at 1000°F and remains stable to 1500°F, however due to the temperature limitation of the silicone coating, VEXTRA (SGLV) is rated to 500°F (260°C).Download SDS
- Product Specs
- Product Line Information
- Data Sheets
|Product Type||Product Number||Thickness (inches)||3rd Party Spec.||Application Environment||Application Rating Key||Available Widths (inches)||Cont. Op. Temp.||FM Approved||Performance Category||Unit of Measure||Weight (oz. per sq. yd)||Fabric Type||Series||Data Sheets|
|SGLV6000-1 TP RED||SGLV6000-1 TP|
Horizontal, Outdoor, Indoor
1000°F (540°C), 500°F (260°C)
Combat heat with superior vermiculite armor.
Used for Welding Protection, Furnace Curtains, Pipe Wrapping/Lagging, Expansion Joints, Heat Shield/Containment, Machinery Protection, Removable Flange/Valve Covers, Stress Relief, Exhaust Manifold Wrap and more.
- Remains stable to 1500°F (815°C) (Upper Temperature Limit)
- Continuous operating temperature 1000°F (540°C)
- Non-combustible vermiculite-coated fiberglass
- 50% More protection than fiberglass
- Improved abrasion resistance
- Coating acts as armor to the fiberglass, providing better resistance to direct flame
- Heat travels across the fabric—not through it
- Available in three colors – blue, black and bronze
VEXTRA® Textiles are 100% fiberglass coated with a golden vermiculite solution made of plate-like mineral crystals. This non-combustible coating acts like armor when heat strikes the fabric, causing the heat to travel across the fabric rather than through it, shielding the fiberglass from the heat source.
|Product Number||Data Sheets|
|SGLV6000-1 TP||Data Sheet|