VEXTRA® (GLV) Cloth
AMI’s VEXTRA® coated fabrics create an armor against direct heat. Combat high temperature with VEXTRA (GLV) a superior vermiculite armor over a 100% fiberglass fabric. This fabric remains stable up at up to 1000°F (540°C) and is can withstand very hostile work environments.
We do not stock samples of this product at this time.Download SDS
- Product Specs
- Product Line Information
- Data Sheets
|Product Type||Product Number||Series||Unit of Measure||Fabric Type||Weight (oz. per sq. yd)||Cont. Op. Temp.||Available Widths (inches)||Thickness (inches)||Data Sheets|
|GLV2401 25 oz||GLV2401|
40, 60, 72
|GLV3001 31.0 oz||GLV3001|
40, 60, 72
Combat heat with superior vermiculite armor.
Used for Welding Protection, Furnace Curtains, Pipe Wrapping/Lagging, Expansion Joints, Heat Shield/Containment, Machinery Protection, Removable Flange/Valve Covers, Stress Relief, Exhaust Manifold Wrap and more.
- Remains stable to 1500°F (815°C) (Upper Temperature Limit)
- Continuous operating temperature 1000°F (540°C)
- Non-combustible vermiculite-coated fiberglass
- 50% More protection than fiberglass
- Improved abrasion resistance
- Coating acts as armor to the fiberglass, providing better resistance to direct flame
- Heat travels across the fabric—not through it
- Available in three colors – blue, black and bronze
VEXTRA® Textiles are 100% fiberglass coated with a golden vermiculite solution made of plate-like mineral crystals. This non-combustible coating acts like armor when heat strikes the fabric, causing the heat to travel across the fabric rather than through it, shielding the fiberglass from the heat source.