VEXTRA® (GLV) Cloth
VEXTRA® (GLV) is a heavy duty, fiberglass fabric with a tough, durable vermiculite coating and ideal as a base fabric for removable insulation pads for high heat industrial piping and equipment environments. The fabric is rated to 1000°F but with the vermiculite coating can remain stable to 1500°F (815°C). The coating is chemically inert, noncombustible, and odorless.
Sample available in 19 oz, TP only.Download SDS
- Product Specs
- Product Line Information
- Data Sheets
|Product Type||Product Number||Series||Standard Put-up||Fabric Type||Unit of Measure||Cont. Op. Temp.||Thickness (inches)||Available Widths (inches)||Weight (oz. per sq. yd)||Nominal Thickness (inches)||Data Sheets|
|19oz, TP||GLV2025 TP 19 oz|
|25 oz, Plain||GLV2401 25 oz|
40, 60, 72
|18 oz, Plain||GLV2025 18oz|
40, 60, 72
Combat heat with superior vermiculite armor.
Used for Welding Protection, Furnace Curtains, Pipe Wrapping/Lagging, Expansion Joints, Heat Shield/Containment, Machinery Protection, Removable Flange/Valve Covers, Stress Relief, Exhaust Manifold Wrap and more.
- Remains stable to 1500°F (815°C) (Upper Temperature Limit)
- Continuous operating temperature 1000°F (540°C)
- Non-combustible vermiculite-coated fiberglass
- 50% More protection than fiberglass
- Improved abrasion resistance
- Coating acts as armor to the fiberglass, providing better resistance to direct flame
- Heat travels across the fabric—not through it
- Available in three colors – blue, black and bronze
VEXTRA® Textiles are 100% fiberglass coated with a golden vermiculite solution made of plate-like mineral crystals. This non-combustible coating acts like armor when heat strikes the fabric, causing the heat to travel across the fabric rather than through it, shielding the fiberglass from the heat source.