AMI-GUARD® Fire Quilt™
AMI-GUARD® Fire Quilt™ is an FM Approved, ready-to go—’take it to the job site with you,’ quilted hot work curtain, blanket or pad. This flexible, hot work barrier is delivers increased performance over other traditional silicone glass fabrics in hot work environments. It is made from a quilted composite with a fiberglass mat between two layers of fiberglass that has been coated with a specially formulated black silicone compound. Fire Quilt is reusable. It folds and packs away neatly – fits in any tool chest. It is water, oil and grease resistant. U.S. Patent 8039080Download SDS
- Product Specs
- Product Line Information
- Data Sheets
|Product Type||Product Number||Fabric Type||Thickness (inches)||Series||FM Approved||Weight (oz. per sq. yd)||Color||Temperature Resistance (Deg F)||Performance Category||Available Widths (inches)||Application Rating Key||Data Sheets|
Fiberglass mat: 1000, Silicone Coating: 500
4′ x 4′
AMI-GUARD® is the name of AMI’s line of high performance finished welding safety products and hand protection products
AMI-GUARD® FM Approved Welding Curtains, Blankets and Pads
ALL AMI-GUARD® welding curtains, blankets and pads have been tested and rated to the ANSI/FM 4950 Standard that now is required by the NFPA 51B 2019 Standard. The rating system makes it easy to determine which of the three levels of fire protection – welding curtains, welding blankets, or welding pads – is needed for a specific hot work operation.
- Welding Curtains — intended for use in VERTICAL applications with LIGHT to MODERATE exposures to sparks and heat, such as that resulting from chipping, grinding, heat-treating, sand blasting and light horizontal welding. They are designed to prevent sparks from escaping the designated work area.
- Welding Blankets — intended for use in HORIZONTAL applications with LIGHT to MODERATE exposures to sparks, heat and molten metal slag. They are designed to protect machinery and prevent ignition of combustibles, located in the designated work area.
- Welding Pads — intended for use in HORIZONTAL applications with SEVERE exposures, such as that resulting from molten substances or heavy horizontal welding. Designed to prevent the ignition of combustibles that are located adjacent to the underside of the pad.
All AMI-GUARD® welding curtains, blankets and pads are available in standard or custom sizes, with or without grommets or other special hardware. If you are buying the product for re-sale, we can provide individualized heat-shrink packaging upon request…at no extra charge. We can even supply samples of Hot Work Permits.
Standard Blanket and Curtain Sizes
3’x3′, 6’x6,’ 6”x8,’ 10’x10′. Custom sizes and styles available upon request.
Notice: Hot work permits call for fire-resistant covers or tarpaulins to be used within 35 feet of the job. When using this product, the following precautions must be made:
- Sweep floors clean of combustibles
- Wet down combustible flooring, cover with damp sand, metal or other shielding
- Cover all wall and floor openings
- Suspend safety blankets beneath work to collect sparks
- Use FM Approved blankets and curtains
- Protect the hands with gloves and mitts
|Product Number||Data Sheets|
|SGLP14 Composite||Data Sheet|